WELCOME TO BABY BOOMER FITNESS providing free continuously updated news, links, videos, and articles about health, exercise, vitamins, minerals, nutrition, environment food safety and (the human health risks of Genetically Modified Organisms) that will help you to obtain and sustain a healthy active life-style, to be fit, look and feel great for life.
Awareness of the food and beverages you consume from external factors is essential to good health, well-being, energy and fitness, as well as getting regular physical activity. This information is for, and will benefit all generations.
Personal and Business Holiday Christmas Cards customized free (logo and or inside text).
Also All Occasion, Blank Note, Invitations, Announcements and Thank You cards.
Click here to go to www.AstonishingCardsEtc.com
About the chemical Azodicarbonamide (baked in bread)
NBC NEWS Article by Katie Little February 7, 2014
When the chemical "azodicarbonamide" is baked in bread, it produces the "carcinogen urethane"
It's in some of Subway, Starbucks, Burger King, Chick-fil-A, Wendy's, Arby's and Jack in the Box products, 9-grain wheat, Italian white and sourdough breads, Thomas English muffins and Dunkin' Donuts bakery items. Subway announced plans to remove the ingredient from its bread but did not say when. At Starbucks, a shift is already underway.
Read the full article.
Sugar and Your Immune System
January 29, 2014 - undergroundhealth.com - by Dr. Linus Pauling - Alternative Health Atlanta.
EATING ANY KIND OF SUGAR HAS THE POTENTIAL TO REDUCE YOUR BODY'S DEFENSES BY 75% OR MORE FOR FOUR TO SIX HOURS.
Read the full article.
On-going information about:
Genetically Modified Organisms its human health risks (linked to disorders such as pre-mature aging, allergies, inflammatory bowel disease, infertility, autism, cancer and more.) GMO crops allows the use of more pesticides and herbicides that contain "xenoestrogens".
Environmental dangers and economic concerns and Monsanto's desire to control all the food in the world by owning all the patents on Genetically Engineered seeds as their intellectual property.
Click on this link for the Non-GMO Shopping Guide from The Institute for Responsible Technology.
- Genetically Engineered Animals - Humans. If the Food and Drug Administration approves AquaAdvantage salmon, it could be the first of other genetically modified animal product you eat. According to the evidence, their buff salmon might have higher levels of a cancer promoting hormone IGF-1, more antibiotics, and more of a potentially life-threatening allergen(s).
- Factory Farming its human health risks, environmental dangers and cruelty to animals. The more antibiotics our livestock eat, that live in cramped, filthy feedlots teeming with feces, bacteria and deadly microorganisms, the more drug-resistant bacteria become, putting you and your family at risk from deadly "superbugs." Raising fish in crowded, excrement-laden water necessitates the broad use of agrichemicals.
myself now & for over the past fifty years. Even if you have never exercised and or paid attention to the food you put into your body, you will benefit greatly with this information for a new healthy life-style.I've researched (and continue to research) and use
Want to be trim, look and feel young for a life-time?
Want be on the Anti-aging, age reversing train?
- Exercise regularly and consistently . Move it! Move it! you got to Go! Go! Go!
- Here is an exercise I call "PUSH AWAY". Eat slowing, before refilling your plate, PUSH AWAY FROM THE TABLE, it takes 15 to 20 minutes for your stomach to let your brain know that you are full.
- AVOID Genetically Modified Organisms; The major GMO crops are Corn, Soy, Sugar Beets, Canola, Cottonseed Oil, Sugar, Papaya, Zucchini and Yellow Squash. . They are made into sweeteners and additives used in approximately 80 percent of processed food products in US grocery stores.
- Eliminate sugar & high-fructose corn syrup, no sugary soft drinks of any kind or sugar added to your food or beverages.
- Eliminate saturated fats, trans fats, hydrogenated, partially hydrogenated oils
and palm oil.
- Eat Essential Fatty Acids daily
- Eliminate ALL Fast Food and Processed Food, completely!
- Limit your consumption of red meat; only eat lean cuts of unprocessed meat.
Fish, poultry, along with nuts, seeds, and legumes are a healthier choice of protein.
- Eat foods high in antioxidants to stop and combat the aging damage done by free radicals.
- Eat plenty of fruits, vegetables, and whole grains
- Eat to Live: Nourishment, don't Live to Eat: Gluttony
That's all there is to it, in a nutshell. Yes, TRY IT (You'll Like It) !
Why are the Honey Bees disappearing and what does this mean? Researchers call the mass disappearance Colony Collapse Disorder, and they estimate that nearly one-third of all honey bee colonies in the country have vanished. The list of crops that simply won't grow without honey bees is a long one: Apples, cucumbers, broccoli, onions, pumpkins, carrots, avocados, almonds, and it goes on. Read the article & watch a Video from (NRDC) Natural Resource Defense Council http://www.nrdc.org/wildlife/animals/bees.asp?gclid=CKrr3IudzLACFaYaQgodvXpzXw
SAVE THE BEES!
Sign the petition. "In light of new evidence showing that the pesticide clothianidin poses a significant danger to bees, EPA should take immediate action to suspend its use."
YOU ARE WHAT YOU EAT!
Broccoli the Most Powerful Detox Vegetable
The most powerful natural inducer of our liver's detoxifying enzyme system is sulforaphane,
a phytonutrient produced by broccoli. From Dr. Greger's videos at NutritionFacts.org.
Why have Americans become so fat? Why is there an obesity crisis with our youth? Why do trim immigrants come here and get fat too? Lack of exercise, bad eating habits, fast-food, processed-food, food we buy and consume with very unhealthy ingredients that we are unaware of. Manufacturers have added harmful ingredients to make food and drink taste better and preserve it with a longer shelf-life, such as Artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated, partially-hydrogenated oils, palm oil, high-fructose corn syrup, trans-fats, etc. These are the food and drink topics we will address and update to include links to news releases. It's important to read all the labels of all the food and drink you purchase very carefully, and AVOID all processed-food and fast-food, like the PLAGUE!.
We provide you with information on the body's need for a balance of protein, amino acids, enzymes and carbohydrates for optimum heath and energy and a report about sugar. The body uses protein for muscle and tissue building, repair and maintenance. The body uses complex carbohydrates (vegetables, fruit, whole grains, etc.) which are high in fiber and good-fats (essential fatty acids) for energy. You need to include in your diet, food high in antioxidants to stop and combat the damage done by free radicals.
Remember when your mother told you to eat all of your vegetables?
It's good advice, DO IT!
Better diet may improve memory - immediately
Doctors say cognitive abilities can start dropping when a person reaches their forties. But, there is mounting evidence that what a person eats can improve brain their brain function - immediately. CBS 3's Stephanie Stahl reports on what foods can jump start the brain.
Almost one in four applicants to the military are rejected for being overweight or obese.
Read about Climbing Obesity Rates in the Science Daily
Fast-Paced, Fast Food Life
University of California's UCTV Prime Series: The Skinny on Obesity www.uctv.tv/skinny-on-obesity/
Dr. Lustig and two of his UCSF colleagues tease out the science behind this alarming claim and the dire threat it poses to global public. Watch the rest of the series below.
- An Epidemic for Every Body How did we get so fat, so fast?
- Sickeningly Sweet The overabundance of sugar in today's processed convenience foods.
- Hunger and Hormones - A Vicious Cycle Sugar impacts the brain just as much as the waistline.
- Sugar - A Sweet Addiction Sugar isn't just sweet, it's addictive.
- Generation XL Obese infants is just one indication that obesity can be passed on from mother to fetus.
- Drugs, Cigarettes, Alcohol...and Sugar? Agricultural policy and food industry, which have made it nearly impossible to avoid sugar in our daily diet.
- Diet and Lifestyle Tips from UCSF Experts, Barbara Laraia and Elissa Epel of UCSF's Center for Obesity Assessment, Study and Treatment (COAST).
- Four Sweet Tips from Dr. Lustig, Four useful tips to help you and your kids steer clear of excess sugar and overeating. This includes Physical Activity (EXERCISE)
The Harvard School of Public Health Harvard's New Guide to Healthy Eating. Learn about the new Healthy Eating Plate, created by nutrition experts at Harvard School of Public Health, in conjunction with Harvard Health Publications. The Healthy Eating Plate can be your blueprint for planning a healthy balanced meal.
EXERCISE! (GO! GO! GO!)
Exercise is essential for a healthy heart and maintaining bone density to help prevent osteoporosis. Work up to thirty minutes of exercise four to five days a week. This will energize and work wonders for you. If you work up to forty minutes four days a week you will receive a bonus benefit, your body will continue to burn fat calories for an additional hour after you are finished with your work-out. Find an activity such as jogging, stair-climbing, tennis, racquetball, hiking, dancing, brisk walking, Tai Chi, etc. Biking and swimming are great for cardiovascular fitness, but you need load-bearing exercises that require your muscles to work against gravity to stimulate and maintain bone density. And or if you prefer join a health club. For variety mix all the above, if you like. Do something active (Move It!) . Upper body strength exercises are also recommended, this can be body weigh exercises such as push-ups, etc. and or weight-training.
The Harvard School of Public Health states " exercise is one of those rare things where the hype actually meets reality. Next to not smoking, getting regular physical activity is arguably the best thing you can do for your health". Read more about The Benefits of Physical Activity.
Being active during leisure time (instead of being the proverbial couch potato) can add precisely 4.2 years to your life expectancy, says a new study by researchers from the National Cancer Institute (NCI), part of the National Institutes of Health. That is, even moderate physical activity (gardening, walking at a brisk pace - activities during which you can talk but not sing) can lower mortality and add years to your life. Read more: http://www.care2.com/causes/how-to-add-4-years-to-your-life-exercise.html
Longer Life Within Walking Distance from Michael Greger M.D., NutritionalFacts.org
Researchers find exercise often works just as well as drugs for the treatment of
heart disease and stroke, and the prevention of diabetes. Exercise is medicine.
Start slowly with your exercise activities and get into shape at you own pace. Do what you enjoy, it all works.
In the animated movie "Madagascar - Escape to Africa", they sing "I Like to Move It! Move It!"
You need to Move It! Move It! - It's fun!
This is the Madagascar Video, for some fun dance to it.
The secret to fitness is that there is no secret or complicated method. Live a life-style of healthy eating with regular exercise Use it or Lose it (GO! GO! GO!), You Are What You Eat. That's it JUST DO IT! TRY IT You'll Like It.
Come back often! for continuous updates and additions. (Be sure to refresh your browser's cache, or you won't see the changes.)